Access Plus WA Deaf is seeking an experienced team leader with solid knowledge of NDIS funding and service delivery.
- Use your NDIS funding and service delivery knowledge
- 12 Month Contract – 25 hours per week – Salary packaging
- Wembley location
As the Team Leader – NDIS Service Delivery, you will be working in a fast-paced environment in a hands-on role. You will maintain an effective and consistent approach to NDIS service delivery and provide high quality services that promote independence and community inclusion for people engaging with our services.
Duties will include:
- Coordination of support to clients
- Providing quality services that are responsive to individual needs
- Costing of NDIS plans for services
- Compliance with all reporting and audit obligations for NDIS
- Leading the Service Delivery team
- Ensuring that the Deaf, DeafBlind and Hard of Hearing communities get equitable access to the NDIS
- Ensuring services are provided within time parameters
- Timely documentation and billing
- Ensuring that NDIS timelines and reporting requirements are met
- Assisting staff to troubleshoot problems
- Minimum of a Cert IV in Community Services, Disability Services or similar, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated competence in and a comprehensive knowledge of NDIS policies, funding and processes, including NDIA funded supports for participants
- Experience in and comprehensive knowledge of the Human Services quality Framework standards, and the National Standards for Disability Services, and its application to practice
- A well-developed understanding and knowledge of community participation and the legislation and standards for supporting people with a disability
- Excellent attention detail, while effectively juggling multiple tasks
- Current WA drivers licence
- Satisfactory Police clearance, not older than 6 months
- Ability to obtain Working with Children’s check
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues which face people who are Deaf, DeafBlind or Hard of Hearing
The ability to communicate in Auslan is desirable, you will be provided with an opportunity to attend classes within the first 12 months.
Applications close 25 March 2019. To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Access Plus WA Deaf promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value the contributions of all people and encourages people with a disability, and individuals from culturally diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and the LGBTIQ community to join our workforce.