Access Interpreting has over 30 years experience servicing the Deaf community in WA and is the longest running interpreting agency in the West. We continue to ensure we provide the best possible service by:
- Only employing accredited NAATI (National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters) interpreters and continuing to encourage professional development with our staff.
- Requiring all of our interpreters are to follow national professional standards – ASLIA Code of Ethics
- Our extensive knowledge of the community with our team only recommending interpreters they believe are suitable for the job.
- Providing interpreters 365 days a year in areas across WA.
Our interpreters can be booked for: Social Events, Work Meetings, Court Hearings, Financial Appointments, Events with the Police, Hospital or Health Care Bookings, Community Events, and a variety of other requests.
Contact us to learn more
After Hours Emergency Interpreting
Access Interpreting is able to provide emergency interpreters for situations involving the police or hospital. If you require this service, contact the after-hours phone on 0410 017 540.Auslan Interpreting WA
We also understand the importance of conveying messages in a person’s native language with a cultural understanding. Deaf interpreters or a DI is often a native Auslan speaker who themselves has the experience and knowledge of the same or similar situations. DI’s are also known for their skills in interpreting a variety of signers, dialects and their gestures.
They can work in tandem with Auslan interpreters to provide a bridge between people:
- With an additional sensory or cognitive disability (deafblindness, intellectual disability)
- Recently immigrated to Australia, more familiar with a foreign sign language,
- Educationally or linguistically disadvantaged,
- More comfortable with a DI in sensitive situations
- And those with limited conventional Auslan or geographically specific Auslan.