• Immediate Start – 12 week position
• Paid Internship – 30 – 40 hrs per fortnight
• Potential Internship to Permanent
• Supportive Team Environment
• Versatile role
About Access Plus WA Deaf
Access Plus WA Deaf is a profit for purpose organisation whose core purpose is to foster a community of communication without limits. We deliver on this purpose through our various service arms including; Access Interpreting for Auslan interpreting, Access My Life for Community Services, Access My Training for Auslan courses and Access My NDIS for information and referral services.
As a bilingual, diverse and multicultural organisation, Access Plus WA Deaf places access for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing at the centre of everything we do.
About the role
Access Plus WA Deaf is looking for an enthusiastic, fast-learning digital marketing intern to join our team at our new lakeside offices at Lake Monger in Wembley.
You’ll be passionate about all things digital, willing to get stuck in and looking for a future career in digital marketing or the disability sector. You’ll already have appropriate qualifications or be on your way to achieving them. Whilst any digital marketing or disability experience would be a plus, we don’t expect you to be a digital marketing guru on arrival. We do, however, expect you to be eager to learn and willing to get involved in all aspects of our work.
Although you will on occasion be carrying out some administrative work, you’ll not be the office gopher – we’re looking for somebody that can add real value to our organisation. In return, you’ll learn plenty and get first-hand experience in an exciting industry that is undergoing a period of growth.
We’re looking for somebody who can commit to between 30 – 50 hrs per fortnight from 1 April 2019 for 12 weeks.
The skills required for the successful intern are:
• Experience of working with a variety of social media platforms, for example but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
• Experience of working on and developing digital and social media activities.
• Experience of writing articles for the web and promoting content for a range of audiences.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and flexibly.
• Demonstrated ability to organise work, manage time, and manage a fluctuating workload by determining priorities to meet deadlines.
• Professional and diplomatic interpersonal skills and communication skills – we are seeking a motivated, empathetic and engaging individual.
Our office is a bilingual workplace with both English and Auslan (Australian Sign Language) being used for communication. Whilst any exposure to Deaf culture or sign language is of benefit, we will provide basic Auslan training for the right intern.
You are required to hold a current Police Clearance no greater than 6 months old and have the ability to obtain a Working with Children’s Check.
Access Plus WA Deaf promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value the contributions of all people and encourages people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTIQ+ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply for the internship please email a covering letter or Auslan video to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you would be a great social media intern. Applications close Mon 18th March 2019.