Auslan For Families
Auslan for families is a specialised Auslan class for you, your partner, and children so that you can learn Auslan from the comfort of your home. This can be great for teaching your children to sign if you’re a deaf adult, teaching the family Auslan if you have a deaf child, or just learning Auslan all together.
The benefits of Auslan for families include:
- Customised support for your needs and skill level,
- Learning with age appropriate activities and games recommended for your family,
- Developing a knowledge of relevant household, family, and relevant life signs,
- Strengthen relationships through learning a language together.
- This program is taught by bi-lingual, bi-cultural deaf and hearing teachers.
- Available at a time that suits in an environment comfortable for your family.
Available through the NDIS under Core supports- assistance with daily life, or Capacity building supports- various categories.